Collaboration. Communication. Consultation.ce.
This office works like a well-oiled machine. Thanks!Actual comment from patient survey.
2016 PROSE Award Winner
Category “Clinical Medicine”
- More than 2,000 state-of-the-art images covering the features for both common and rare musculoskeletal conditions
- Authors provide a practical approach to MRI evaluation and differential diagnosis selection
- Differential diagnosis tables are based on anatomic locations of lesions
Close collaboration with the region’s top Radiologists.
Consultative problem-solving that goes beyond testing. Knowing their patients will feel cared for and comfortable. These are just a few reasons why physicians in our medical community refer their patients to us.
As a referring physican, you are extremely important to your patients, and to us. Our Radiologists and staff take a collaborative, team approach in working with you and your staff. Benefits of working with us often includes same-day results, personal consultation with the region’s top Radiologists, round-the-clock image access, and a helpful, responsive staff who are in direct communication with your office. Our staff will schedule appointments, provide convenient access to medical records, assist in paperwork, and contact your patients directly to answer any questions.
For the convenience of our referring physicians and their staff, this page features all the online functionality you need from UMI in one location. Please feel free to “bookmark” this page using your browser software, for easy reference.
Getting in Touch with UMI
- Referring a patient to UMI is easy. Our scheduling office is open from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. to help arrange appointments that are convenient for your patients.
- Once the appointment has been scheduled, simply download, print, and complete the UMI Online Requisition Form. Please fax the completed form to 585.341.9066 and give your patient a copy to bring to the appointment.
- To obtain a consult or request medical records, our medical records staff is available to assist you or your staff with any needs you may have.
- If you would like to order a larger quantity of Requisition Forms for your office please click here.
To deliver the diagnostic results your patients expect, you need true round-the-clock image access. Click here to find UMI’s Digital Reporting gateway page, or, if you’re already registered and familiar with the ImageCast system, you may log in and retrieve digital reports here.
Exam Order Guidance
Dr. Weinberg specializes in Cross-Sectional Imaging in MRI, CT and Ultrasound. His in-depth knowledge of these sub-specialty areas results in a higher level of accuracy and care.
David A. Shrier, M.D.
Dr. Shrier has been published in many leading peer-reviewed medical journals, and he has collaborated in a number of clinical trials. His current research includes exploring new techniques in contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance angiography (MRA).
Dr. Hollenberg specializes in Body and Musculoskeletal MRI and Cross-Sectional Imaging. He is a Professor of Radiology at the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, with 16 years of experience in his field.
To Dr. Zynda-Weiss, the imaging sciences bring together anatomy and pathology to answer her patient's most critical questions. It is this process of discovery, of uncovering solutions to problems that inspired her to become a radiologist.
Peter Rosella, M.D.
UMI Medical Director
Dr. Peter Rosella gained a personal understanding of disease management when a family member contracted a severe illness. He brings that experience with him to UMI with patient-centered, empathetic medical care.
Allan Bernstein, M.D.
Dr. Bernstein's broad experience includes being on the radiology staff at St. Luke's Memorial Hospital Center in Utica, NY, SUNY Upstate Medical Center in Syracuse, and at Rochester General Hospital in Rochester, NY.
Steven P. Meyers,
M.D., Ph.D., FACR
Steven P. Meyers, M.D., Ph.D., FACR specializes in Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Computed Tomography, Neuroradiology and Musculoskeletal Imaging. Dr. Meyers is committed to providing compassionate and technologically superior care to his patients.
NICHOLAS I. KILMER,
Dr. Nicholas Kilmer may be the newest faculty member to UMI, but is certainly not new to medicine. Before becoming certified by the American Board of Radiology, he was an Assistant Professor of Family Medicine and Orthopedics at the University of Rochester.