To apply for CareCredit, please click the Apply Now link below.
Care Credit Payment Plans
University Medical Imaging offers the following CareCredit Payment Plans
No Interest if Paid in Full within 6 Months *
On qualifying purchases of $200 or more made with your CareCredit credit card account. Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the promotional purchase is not paid in full within the promotional period. Minimum Monthly Payments required. Required monthly payments may or may not pay off purchase before end of promotional period. *
14.90% APR and Fixed Monthly Payments Required Until Paid in Full **
On qualifying purchases made with your CareCredit credit card account. Fixed Monthly Payment amount based on repayment over 24, 36, 48 or 60 month period. Purchases of $1,000 or more are eligible for a 24, 36 or 48 month offer and purchases of $2,500 or more are eligible for a 60 month offer. **
- 24 Month EPP
- 36 Month EPP
- 48 Month EPP
- 60 Month EPP
Care Credit Payments cannot be processed through UMI’s online payment system. Care Credit mandates payments with photo ID must be made in person.
Make a payment
Click the link below to make an online payment!
*Only make payments for services provided at UMI. UMI cannot accept or post payments for services provided at the University of Rochester.
This website is provided to UMI customers as a business service and use of this site is limited to those customers. Through this site, UMI and/or BluePay may collect information about customers, and this information may be used by: i) UMI, BluePay and its affiliates (i.e. companies related to us by common control or ownership) in the performance of their day-to-day operations; and ii) third party service companies to perform business operations or work on UMI’s or BluePay’s behalf to provide services (for example, UMI or BluePay sometimes uses a third party company to assist with account statement preparation, mailing or collection services).
BluePay may share aggregated data with unrelated third parties, but this aggregated data will include no personally identifying information.
UMI or BluePay may disclose information, including personally identifying information, collected through this site in the event that BluePay is required to do so by law or in the event that UMI or BluePay has good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on UMI or BluePay or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of UMI or BluePay and its websites, or (c) protect the personal safety of users of UMI, BluePay, its websites, or the public.
We are dedicated to providing the best possible care for you, and we want you to completely understand our payment policies.
- Insurance: We participate in most insurance plans, including Medicare. If you are insured by a plan we do business with but we are unable to verify your plan is active, payment in full for each visit is required until we can verify your coverage. Knowing your insurance benefits is your responsibility. Please contact your insurance company with any questions you may have regarding your coverage.
- Co-payments and Deductibles: All co-payments and deductibles must be paid at the time of service. For your convenience we accept MasterCard, VISA, Discover, American Express, Care Credit, FSA/HSA and other debit cards. You may be billed an additional co-pay, co-insurance or deductible after your insurance company determines your financial obligation due for your services. Your insurance is required to send you an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) outlining your responsibility based on your insurance contract.
- Non-covered Services: Be aware that some and perhaps all of the services you receive may be non-covered, considered reasonable, and/or medically necessary or may be considered experimental by Medicare or other insurers. This determination is often made after recieving medical services and you may be responsible for payment of these services regardless of your insurance determination.
- Proof of Insurance: We must obtain a copy of your current valid insurance card to provide proof of insurance. If you fail to provide us with the correct insurance information in time to meet your insurance company claim filing limit, you will be responsible for the balance of the claim.
- Claims Submission: We will submit your claims and assist you in any way we reasonably can to help get your claims paid. Your insurance company may need you to supply certain information directly. It is your responsibility to comply with their request. Your insurance benefit is a contract between you and your insurance company; we are not party to that contract.
- Bypass Insurance Election: All patients may elect to bypass insurance claim submissions and pay a self-pay rate. This rate must be paid in full prior to exam services. By electing this option you forfeit the right to the insurances authorization and medical necessity review process. Once services are rendered, UMI will not submit your exam claim to insurance, which implies your self-pay fee cannot be refunded nor submitted through insurance at any time.
- Non-payment:Please be aware that if a balance remains unpaid, we may refer your account to a collection agency and you and your immediate family members may be discharged from this practice. Partial payments will not be accepted unless otherwise negotiated.
- Refunds: UMI regularly generates reports looking back 60 days to identify overpayments. These will be processed and mailed directly to the address of record for the patient. Refunds will be processed and mailed within 30 days of refund identification and is the sole method of refund. Refunds cannot be made or requested through the online merchant system for patient generated payments.
- Financial Assistance: UMI does not participate in the University of Rochester Financial Assistance program. (Formerly Charity Care)
UMI Billing Office
P.O Box 278997
Rochester, NY 14627
(585) 272-8286 fax
Office hours Monday – Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
UMI Medical Director
Dr. Weinberg specializes in Cross-Sectional Imaging in MRI, CT and Ultrasound. His in-depth knowledge of these sub-specialty areas results in a higher level of accuracy and care.
David A. Shrier, M.D.
Dr. Shrier has been published in many leading peer-reviewed medical journals, and he has collaborated in a number of clinical trials. His current research includes exploring new techniques in contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance angiography (MRA).
Dr. Hollenberg specializes in Body and Musculoskeletal MRI and Cross-Sectional Imaging. He is a Professor of Radiology at the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, with 16 years of experience in his field.
To Dr. Zynda-Weiss, the imaging sciences bring together anatomy and pathology to answer her patient's most critical questions. It is this process of discovery, of uncovering solutions to problems that inspired her to become a radiologist.
Peter Rosella, M.D.
Dr. Peter Rosella gained a personal understanding of disease management when a family member contracted a severe illness. He brings that experience with him to UMI with patient-centered, empathetic medical care.
Allan Bernstein, M.D.
Dr. Bernstein's broad experience includes being on the radiology staff at St. Luke's Memorial Hospital Center in Utica, NY, SUNY Upstate Medical Center in Syracuse, and at Rochester General Hospital in Rochester, NY.
Steven P. Meyers,
M.D., Ph.D., FACR
Steven P. Meyers, M.D., Ph.D., FACR specializes in Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Computed Tomography, Neuroradiology and Musculoskeletal Imaging. Dr. Meyers is committed to providing compassionate and technologically superior care to his patients.